1. Labor Day Weekend schedule change - There will be NO practice on Saturday, 9/3 or on Monday, 9/5
2. 100-a-thon is scheduled for Sunday, Sept 18 at 5:00- If you don't have this fundraiser form, please check your folders. Please bring your checkbook or credit card to pay for uniforms and/or buy back shirts/competition pants. We plan on collecting uniform rental fee of $75 at this event and distributing uniforms. Your son will not be issued a uniform until the rental fee is paid.
3. Team Party after the 100-a-thon - Look for a Signup Genius coming out in an email soon. We will be having a full dinner potluck after the 100-a-thon. We are asking parents to signup to avoid duplicates and to get a variety of food. We will also need help with setup and clean up.
4. Buy Backs - If you have competition pants ("whites") or team shirts to sell for buy back, please bring them in a bag, marked with pertinent information to 100-a-thon on 9/18.
5. Upcoming Meet Fee Due Dates
- Valeri Liukin Men's Invitational (WOGA) - LEVEL 6-10 ONLY - $100 due by 10/1/16
- Sand Dollar/Whitlow Invitational (DISNEY) - Level 4-7 $95, Level 8-10 $100 Due 10/15/16 (The booster club is exploring the idea of paying a portion of the entry fee for this meet. In order to do this, we need a count of who is going to Whitlow. Please let us know at the 100-a-thon if your child is attending this meet).
- Galveston Winter Invitational - LEVEL 6-10 ONLY - Level 6-7 $85, Level 8-10 $105 Due by 11/5/16
- Houston Nat'l Invitational - LEVEL 7-10 ONLY - $115 Due 11/5
6. 2016 Mass-Tech Men's Clinic Sat, 11/5 - If you want a flyer for this, there is a stack of flyers in Coach Lee's Folder
7. Our next Fundraiser is World's Finest Chocolate. Shelley Morris is working hard to have the boxes available for purchase at the 100-a-thon. In October, Susan Montgomery will kick off the Yankee Candle Fundriaser.
8. Amelia Folkes found a fun outing if anyone is interested. The USA Olympic gymnasts will be on tour in San Antonio on Oct 1. You can find more information at http://www.kelloggstour.com/info. This is not a booster or gym sponsored event, but we thought the team might want to check it out.
9. We our planning our first Community Outreach Event in October. Tina Trimble is heading this up. We are planning to pick up trash around Lake Pflugerville for "Keep Austin Beautiful". More details to come.
10. Shannon Darby had the fantastic idea of having Team Level Captains. Shannon Darby will be the Level 4 Team Captain and Stacy Bowers will be the Level 5 Team Captain. If you are a Level 4 or 5 parent, they might be able to answer some of your questions and can communicate specific meet information as it comes up.
Shannon's email is firstname.lastname@example.org and Stacy's email is email@example.com. For Level 6-10, you can contact me.
11. Meet Bags - For new team members, your child will need a bag for his warm ups, shoes, snacks, water bottle, etc. during meets. This is the suggested bag to purchase.https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Defender-Extra-Small-Duffel/dp/B004CYFW26. The booster club is not ordering or providing this bag, we just encourage you to order or buy at the Adidas Outlet. Most of the boys have the Adidas Defender XS Duffel - Black with white or silver letters. If you want your bag embroidered, just email me and I can get the Capital Men's Team Logo embroidered on the top and the your boys name on the side.
Wooo, that's enough info. Have a great week and looking forward to this season!
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!