Thank you to all the parents that came yesterday to the meeting. I know it was a ton of information, so I will try to break it down.
1. Check capitalmensteam.com website for information. Amelia and Ralph Folkes have done an amazing job keeping this up to date. If specific meet information isn't linked on the site, it's probably because the information is not yet available. Under the schedule tab you can find the meet schedule for each level. Under the Booster Club tab there is a FAQ section that can answer some the questions you might have. Please go to this first for information
2. The big buzz of the season is the Whitlow Invitational meet in January. This is in Orlando, Florida at Disney and all of the levels are invited. Please see capitalmensteam.com, under the Booster Club tab there is a link for Whitlow Meet Info. Some people have already purchased tickets and reserved rooms.
3. Shelley Morris has kicked off our 100-a-thon fundraiser. Event is on Sunday, September 18th at 5:00. Gymnasts can raise money by having friends/family donate a dollar amount per skill completed (10 cents per skill equals a donation of $10). During the 100-a-thon, the gymnasts will perform a 100 skills (anything from a forward roll to a front tuck). Skills vary by level and by gymnast, but it is a fun event to watch. We will also have some kind of potluck/team party after the event. More details to come. If you receive a lot of cash for this event, it is easier for the treasurer if you can write one check to CMTBC and write 100-a-thon in the memo section. All forms and donations are due at the party on Sept 18th. They can be placed in the Treasurer Folder.
4. Uniforms - all but 5 gymnasts have been sized for uniforms. I will try and wrap that up this week. I need Level 6-10 gymnasts to bring their whites to practice this week and have the coaches approve sizing. Please send me an email if your Level 6-10 son will need a new size in whites.
5. Uniforms - The booster club will rent uniforms and warm ups to all gymnasts for a cost of $75. Uniform Rental Fees are due by October 1. You can pay by check, made to CMTBC with uniforms written in the memo line or pay by square with a credit card at the 100-a-thon. Please place checks in the Treasurer Folder. We will distribute uniforms the first week in November. Level 5+ will also need to purchase competition pants, or "whites". They are around $30. I have the pants sizing for all of the level 5 gymnasts (I will get sizing out shortly). Options are to buy pants new or buy a used pair from another gymnasts for $15. We will host a buy back for pants/whites at the 100-a-thon. New gymnasts will also need to purchase a team shirt. As with the uniform and warm ups, this shirt is only worn to meets or other organized events with the team. Again, some kids have grown out of their shirts and will have used ones for purchase at the 100-a-thon.
6. Buy-Backs - If your son has grown out of his whites/competition pants or his team shirt, please bring them to the 100-a-thon. Used whites can be sold for $15 and used shirts for $15. Please place each item in a ziplock bag with a description of item (whites/team shirt), the size of item and a parent name written on the bag (of who you want a check made to),
7. Pledge Amounts - Jeff Peterson has done a fabulous job as Treasurer and has adjusted the pledges for the upcoming season. Pledges are crucial to the booster club because they are used to pay the coaches fees and traveling expenses at the meets, pay a gymnasts entry if they make it to nationals, occasionally make equipment purchases, etc. Half of the pledge amount is due no later than January 1, 2017. The remaining balance is due no later than March 1, 2017. Individual Fundraising profits will go towards your pledge. Jeff will place statements in each gymnasts folder every month showing the balance due and any meet fees or other fees collected. Pledge amounts can be paid in full any time, or paid partially each month. Just write a check for the amount you want to pay and make sure you write "pledge" in the memo line and place in the Treasurer Folder. If you want to pay by credit card, you can pay using square. The new pledge amounts are:
Level 4 - $325
Level 5 - $375
Level 6 - $450
Level 7-10 - $500
8. 2016-MASS-TECH Men's Clinic - Coach Lee handed out forms for a clinic hosted by Texas Star Gymnastics of Tomball. This clinic is strongly encouraged, but totally optional. Info below.
Date: Sat, Nov 5, 2016
Location: 1230 Ulrich Road, Tomball, Texas 77375
Cost: Level 4 & 5 $80 early reg/$95 at door, Level 6+ $130 early reg/$145 at the door
Early Registration Deadline: October 14
You can sign up online at TEXASSTARGYMNASTICS.NET or call 281-255-9997
9. All parents should have received a Men's Team Membership Agreement Signature Form. If you don't have this, check your folder. Please return signed and completed forms (4 pages) no later than Friday, 8/26. Completed forms can be placed in the Coaches Folder.
I'm sure I missed a few things, but that's it for now. I look forward to the 100-a-thon and the team party afterwards. This will be a great time to chat and meet more parents.
Thank you and feel free to text me or email me with questions (but please check website first :)).
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!